Announcing a new event for Saturday, November 22, 2014: The Park School CX 2014!
Online registration will be available only through the USA Cycling site.
The race flier with start times is also on the USA Cycling web-site.
The use of USA Cycling instead of BikeReg allows unlicensed riders to buy a one-day license online before the event. Online pre-registration will end at 6pm Friday November 21st.
Pre-registered racers will not need to sign waivers on race day; instead, simply show photo identification and pickup your bib. Riders will be assigned a single bib for all races
This event is being held on the grounds of The Park School of Buffalo, which features three playing fields on two levels, connected by stairs and a closed roadway. There are also forested paths, stairs and a sand pit. Adding to the speed, racers will do a half-lap around the circular driveway before dismounting for the stairs to reach the upper playing field.
The Park School is located at 4625 Harlem Road in Amherst, New York with convenient access from the I-90 and I-290, making it a quick trip from Rochester or Erie. Race sign-in and bib pickup will be held inside the Rich Family Activity Center, which includes separate locker rooms and showers available to all racers.
Neutral race pit support will be provided by Ryan Malinchak from VeloNRS. Ryan brings spare wheels and all the tools necessary to help racers get their bikes fixed and back in the race.
We hope to see many racers from Erie, Rochester and the Niagara Region of Canada attending this event.
The event will feature CrossMgr computerized race timing, providing spectators with real-time status of all racers and instant results after each race. Every finisher will get a finish line photo. Pictures will be uploaded to Facebook albums for each race. Racers can also use a single bib for all events; no need to change or re-pin bibs. Timing services provided by Jon Rosen Systems. Results will be posted to: www.Results.WNYcx.com/2014
Parking at The Park School is available in two different lots. The Harlem Road entrance provides parking for up to 80 cars. However, since the race course uses the road section, cars will not be able to access the second lot from Harlem Road. Instead, we encourage people to drive down Chateau Terrace from Main Street to access the other parking lot.
Visit the Google Maps link to see the actual planned race course with notes.
A number of changes have been made to the typical race day format to make this event more appealing to racers:
* The first 144 registered racers will receive an engraved commemorative pint glass courtesy of Abino Glass Works.
* Call-ups to the front row in each race will be made for the top 10 racers in each category ranked by USA cycling points. You must pre-register online and have a USA cycling license to be eligible for a call-up.
* Category 5 racers can choose from a 30-minute or 45-minute event, or do both!
* Due to USAC rule 1H5, the 10am, 11am and 12pm races with Category 5 in them are limited to a combined field size of 75 riders.
* The 12pm Cat 4/5 race will be scored separately with awards going to the top 3 in each category rather than combined.
* Mens Category 4 racers have the opportunity to race up to three times in one day: 45-minute Masters, 45-minute SS or Cat4, and 60-minute Cat4.
* New Masters 30-39 category in addition to Masters 40-49 and Masters 50+. All Masters categories will be open to all categories including women, allowing Cat5 racers to enter the Masters age group. Women will not be scored separately.
* Mens Cat 1-2-3 provides a larger field opportunity with additional points if the field is 11 or more racers.
* Equal payout for both mens and womens 1-2-3 categories.
* Special recognition and a prize will be given to the rider with the fastest lap in each race.
* Any Cat4 or Cat5 racers signing up for three races will receive special recognition. The fastest overall Cat4 and Cat 5 racer completing three races will receive a merchandise prize.
* Everyone is invited to attend the annual Buffalo Bicycling Club banquet at 6pm in the Lafayette Hotel! The $20 buffet and cash bar with local beer on tap is a great way to celebrate your race effort.
* Racers that bring their bib to the BBC banquet will get a free drink!