At the first annual Cyclocross Promoters Summit held at Tony Rome’s in January 2013, there was discussion about creating a race series that would connect each of the individual races currently held in Buffalo and Rochester.
Goals for the 2013 series:
- standardize categories using USAC format between races to permit series scoring.
- create a points scoring system for series scoring.
- seek sponsors to provide prizes for the series winner.
- improve participation at all races by raising awareness through the series and web-site.
- create a leaders jersey to be worn each week or to be won by the series winner.
- create a promotional T-shirt with events and sponsors.
However, there are a number of logistic and political challenges that remain to be resolved:
- get all promoters to adopt USAC permitting.
- get more racers to purchase annual USA Cycling licenses instead of one-day licenses.
- find sponsors for the series that don’t conflict with existing independent promoters sponsors.
If you have solutions to these issues, share your opinion on our contact page.