- This event has passed.
Cross in the Park
November 3, 2013$25
2013 marks the fourth year for Cross in the Park at Delaware Park. Sponsored by Campus Wheel Works. Race includes neutral support from VeloNRS and full lap timing for every racer with CrossMgr.
Registration and the start/finish are located near the stone bridge inside the park, close to Rumsey Road and Windsor Avenue. Enter the park from Lincoln Parkway at the Marcy Casino or from Rumsey Road at Windsor Avenue.
In addition to post-race results available on BikeReg.com and USA Cycling, live results will be available during the race and updated on every lap. Bring a smartphone or tablet and keep track of your favorite racer, or use it to identify racers from their bib number during the race.
Look for special guests Zombie Barbie, Spirit Pony and Jimmy from the Campus Wheel Works crew providing hand-ups.
USA Cycling Permit #2013-3290.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING PARKING: Delaware Park does not provide a dedicated parking lot. Instead, parking can be found on the adjacent city streets. Please pay special attention to all No Parking signs, as the City of Buffalo is extremely strict about parking enforcement and will not hesitate to ticket and tow cars parked in violation of any posted signs. Generally, parking is available along Lincoln Parkway.
For first-time and out-of-town guests, please note that there are two separate sections to Delaware Park. The cyclocross race will be held in the park area nearest to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, with the start/finish inside the park near the stone bridge closest to Rumsey Road and Lincoln Parkway. The closest highway exit from Route 198 is the Elmwood Avenue exit. If your GPS/map brings you to the Delaware Park Golf Course or Buffalo Zoo, you will be over a mile from the race venue!
- ride an additional race for $10.
- current USA cycling license required or pay $10 for one-day license at check-out on BikeReg.com. No license is required for the kids race.
- all racers (including the kids race) must have an approved helmet.
- mountain bikes are OK with the bar-ends removed. Visit Campus WheelWorks before race day or bring your mountain bike to the VeloNRS tent on race day if you need help removing them or have questions.
- Riders under 18 require a signed parental consent form, available at the registration table.
- day-of registration will be available for $30; all racers are highly encouraged to pre-register for $25 on BikeReg.com to avoid waiting in line on race day.